There are several unique and weird holidays that take place all over the world. This TMI Tuesday is about the month of April’s special observances. What’s Up April? …
1. April 1 is April Fool’s Day (All Fools Day), a Western tradition of pulling pranks and hoaxes.
– Did you play any April Fool’s jokes on someone?
– Were you the victim of an April’s Fool prank this year?
Not this year.
– What is the best April Fool’s hoax you’ve ever pulled?
I’ve never been good at this. My parents once hoaxed me and my brother by telling us that we were moving…again. There was a lot of screaming, I’m sure they had fun with it.
2. What is your favorite unusual or non-traditional holiday to observe?
A little obvious, but Kinky Christmas is my favorite. We celebrate the dog’s birthday, I don’t know if that is unusual or not. But the kids like it. And it was a great way to teach them gift giving to others.
3. Do you observe any unique local or family tradition holidays? Briefly tell us about this holiday.
Kinky Christmas is really just between Sir and I. But it’s a nice little treat where we get each other a kinky gift. We usually exchange them long before ‘real Christmas’ because we get so excited to play with the toys that we bought.
4. April is National Poetry Month. Share your favorite poem with TMI Tuesday or write a poem and share.
Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.
Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead,
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.
He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.
The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
5. This month is also Stress Awareness Month. What stresses you on a daily basis?
Kids, Job, Sir’s Job, House we currently live in, House we are trying to buy, Money.
6. April is National Humor Month. Name 3 stand-up comics or comedic actors who make you laugh?
7. April 22 is National Jelly Bean Day in the United States, however, it can and should be celebrated all over the world. How will you celebrate Jelly Bean Day?
By respectfully not eating Jelly Beans. By not going near them I will show my hatred and dislike of multi-colored jelly products.
Bonus: The flower for the month of April is the Daisy. How or what do you feel about daisies?
I see them as a whimsical flower. I think of daisy chains. Alice in Wonderland and Little House on the Prairie. Not really feeling them for weddings or special occasions, but I like the whimsy and romance gesture of them.
How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link totmituesdayblog from your website!
Happy TMI Tuesday!